Bonne fête papa, Élise and I love you with all of our hearts.
Tomorrow you turn 27. I can’t even say the last twelve months has been crazy. I can’t even say that’s an understatement. There are no words. Early November last year, we found out we were expecting, and all you have done is take care of us full-heartedly ever since. I’m sure you didn’t sign up for 9 months of nausea, hospital visits, and kidney attacks, but there you were, right by our side and we couldn’t have done any of it without you.
- You spent many hours in the emergency room as we passed time with an IV drip.
- You took care of us as we took a trip to Calgary over Christmas amidst the morning sickness nausea.
- You helped me get through a wedding show the night after another dehydration hospital visit.
- You took me to the hospital the weekend of my birthday when I was having breathless kidney pain.
- You were with us as we laboured at home and then (thank God) were allowed to stay as we spent 24 hours in the hospital, before a relatively quick birth and release.
- And you did this all throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
You continue trying to work as carefully as you can to keep a roof over our heads without getting any of us sick. None of us expected this in our lifetime, but throughout everything you are our rock. You are kind, you are patient, you are loving, and you’re the most amazing father I expected you to be when I fell in love with you. I knew this was all in my future, but it’s just so beautiful to watch in the moment.
I can’t wait to watch you grow up with her, teach her your huge heart, and teach her to sail.
I can’t wait to hold you close; tonight, tomorrow and for the rest of our lives. Je t’aime.